Sample Itinerary #1: 4 Days in Porto, Portugal
- Walk around Porto and enjoy a river cruise on the scenic Douro River
- Port tasting with the super knowledgeable staff at Vinologia
- Drive to Peso da Regua (approximately one hour and 20 minute drive from Porto) and stay at Casa de Sao Domingos B and B (breakfast included)
- Dinner at Restaurant and inn Quinta da Pacheca (this would also be a great place to stay – you can sleep in a wine barrel!)
- Hike up to or drive to Santuario Nossa Senhora dos Remedios in Lamego
- Wine tasting and tours at Quinta Santa Eufemia, Quinta do Seixo and Quinta Nova
- Dinner back in Lamego at Restaurante Novo with a full view of the Cathedral
- Drive to Salamanca Spain and enjoy Salamanca at your leisure and do not forget to take a tour of the amazing cathedral
- Drive to the Historic site of the Battle of Los Arapiles, part of the Peninsular War campaign
- Dinner back at Peso da Regua at Tasca da Quinta – the best home cooked food outside of home!
- Take a hike or drive in Peneda-Geres National Park
- Back in Peso da Regua, visit the Museu do Douro
- Dinner at Restaurant Taberna do Jerere for a final taste of traditional Portuguese food
More time? Take a dinner cruise or multi day cruise on the Douro River, enjoy a Fado show, arrange more Douro wine tastings or go back to Porto and taste more Port!
Sample Itinerary #2: 5 days in Tuscany
- Tour the Assisi Cathedral
- Lunch at Trattoria Pallotta in Assisi
- Check in at Villa Nottola B and B (breakfast included) just outside of Montepulciano. Wine tastings and cooking classes can also be scheduled here.
- Dinner at Villa Nottola
Day 2: Wine tasting in Montalcino
- Winery tour and tasting at Le Potazzine
- More tasting (free) at the Potazzine shop in Montalcino and at the shop next door 🙂
- Winery tour and tasting at Santa Giulia (includes cheese and prosciutto)
- You may not need dinner today with everything you ate the last two days!
Day 3: Attend all day cooking class (with wine included :)) in Cortona
Day 4: Following breakfast, drive to Florence and enjoy the museums. Also, the Florence American Military Cemetery is just outside of Florence and makes for a very moving experience
- Dinner at Cantina Gattavecchi (also can schedule wine tasting and tour of the winery)
Day 5: Wine tasting in Montepulciano
- Tasting at Contucci Cantina and Cantina de Ricci
- Enjoy shopping and the view of the vineyards and hills from the city
- Dinner at Osteria del Conte
More time? Spend a day in Siena, tour the Chianti region or head to Rome for a few days. You can easily combine Tuscany with visits to many other amazing regions of Italy.
Sample Itinerary #3: Southern Belgium Beercation: Battle of the Bulge and Southern Belgium
- Stay at the Chimay Auberge de Poteaupre
- Visit Maison Leffe in Dinant; walk around Dinant at your leisure including a visit to the amazing citadel
- Drive to Orval for a visit to the breathtaking Orval Abbey and taste incredible beer cheese
- End the day at Rochefort
- Visit Lanzerath and Bullingen, liberated by the American Army during the Battle of the Bulge, December 1944-January 1945
- 1st Infantry Division in Butgenbach
- Visit the American Military Cemetery at Arlon
- Have a drink at Brasserie d’Achouffe and dinner/drinks at Brasserie des Fagnes
- Tour the Bastogne War Museum
- Lunch in Bastogne and visit the Brasserie de Bastogne
- Dinner at Espace Chimay
- Visit town of Chimay and Abbey of Scourmont
- Self-guided tour of Chimay Experience
- Visit Maredsous Abbey
More time? Spend a day or two in Brussels and visit more abbey breweries all over Belgium, the Netherlands and northern France.